Bachelors in Architecture
Duration – 5 years
- 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- 10+3 Diploma with Mathematics as compulsory subject.
- Qualify NATA or JEE Main Paper-II
Masters in Architecture (Executive)
Duration – 3 years
- Degree in B.Arch with 50% marks.
- GATE Score or PGAT Odisha Rank
- Piloo Mody College of Architecture (PMCA), Cuttack is a leading school of Architecture in Odisha, and has been on the forefront of Architecture education in Eastern India since its inception in the year 1993.
- It was established by Late Ar K.B.Mohapatra, a visionary and an educationist from Cuttack. The college is named after the late parliamentarian Ar. Piloo Mody, who was instrumental in the enactment of The Architects’ Act of 1972.
- PMCA is approved by the Council of Architecture (COA), New Delhi and is affiliated to the Biju Pattnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Rourkela and is NAAC accredited.
- The college offers a Five-year Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch) program, as well as a Three-year Executive Master’s program in Habitat Design. The institute is also a Nodal Centre for Research under the BPUT. The institution is governed by the ABIT PMCA Society.
- Experienced faculty educated in India and abroad with an average experience of 10 years
- Personalised mentoring of students
- Exposure to National and International competitions/seminars and workshops
- Innovative Pedagogy of teaching-learning and assessment
- Placement/ Internship assistance
- Study tours/construction site visits
- Workshops and in house clubs
- Centrally located campus within the city
- Aesthetic, well ventilated, smart classrooms and studios
- Equipped computer labs, model making room
- Well stocked Library, access to Delnet (Digital Library)
- Sports facility, emergency medical room
- Hostels for boys and girls
- Strong Alumni Connect
Awards and Accolades in 2020-21
- MANAS PRATIM KALITA of 2020 batch Zonal Winner featured in National Awards for Excellence in Architectural Thesis 2020 conducted by COA-TRC.
- Abhishek Rao of 2021 batch, awarded as “World No. 1” in the WASA Students Competition; recipient of IIA Baburam Mhatre Gold Medal
- Winners of ZOOTOPIA 2021, a design challenge organised by Central Zoo Authority – a statutory body under the Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change, Government of India
- National Winners (2nd and 3rd Prize) for INSDAG 2020. This is organised by Institute For Steel Development & Growth (INSDAG – An Institute Promoted by Ministry of Steel and Steel Producers)
- National Winners of TOYCATHON 2021 – a design competition organised by Ministry of Education’ Innovation cell
- Students acknowledged among World Top 30 – Urban Design Competition by the Charett
Ar. Ankita Rani Mishra
PMCA has good facilities, like studios, labs, canteen, library, is very well landscaped and brings rejoice in the mood. The college is full of extracurricular activities and has an excellent academic environment. The teacher-student relations are friendly and cooperative.
Ar. Gaurav Chandra
Piloo Mody College of Architecture is the best college of architecture in Eastern zone. This college is continuing to win the ZONASA trophies since the last 4 years. Having best faculties with great teaching experience, the environment of this college is too good. Faculty are friendly and supportive to the students.
Ar. Mohana Das
It is an amazing institution & one of the finest places to study something as creative as architecture in the eastern zone of India. It is a perfect combination of fun & learning together with great faculty.